18 March 2010

Oh goodness....

See, here's the problem with trying to be an overachiever (which I am not by any measure): stress. This is the most stressful year of my life. I mean, hey, I even got shingles (that nasty version of chicken pox that old people get), which is caused exclusively by stress. Well, that and having gotten a chicken pox vaccine in childhood which had a live form of the virus. Not to mention the stress acne. I'm not one to really stress (haha) about my skin, so it doesn't bother me too much, but come on, life, why does this happen? See, the problem with me is that I get so overwhelmed by the littlest things. It's gotten to the point where I'd rather go home than hang out with my friends, if only so I can have an hour or two to relax before my parents get home and start nagging me. It's terrible. If the me of last year looked at the me of now, I don't know what she'd think. I don't know what I think.

All I can tell is that I really, really, really need a break. And come summer I'll probably be too worried about next school year to be able to relax. Or I'll sit around and do nothing and get depressed. And gain shittons of weight, which is what I tend to do when I have no motivation to go out and do something. Which brings me to my next point, this lovely thing I like to call stress eating. Basically eating instead of doing any work. Because I can. Which is incredibly unhealthy. And add that to not having any time for excercise, which is really a lie because I definitely have time, I just like convincing myself I have too much other stuff, and you get a very unhappy me. Who is stressed about her weight and still has her mother glaring at her and telling her she should get more excercise. 

Phew. Long post. And now I must stop griping.

Au revoir xx

1 comment:

  1. D: I suggest going for a walk in some pretty place sometimes. And really, being happy is the most important thing. I have to remind myself of that fairly often. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete